Click here to view our full Terms & Conditions
Shipping & Availability
Shipping costs are estimated based on a number of factors. Parcel rates are determined by comparing the actual weight to the dimensional weight of all items in the cart. The greater of those two weights is used to calculate the actual shipping cost of the order. For large orders, and orders with equipment, the cost of shipping parcel will either be excessive or impossible, and we will have to ship your order via a freight carrier. In those cases you will need to choose from a list of accessory charges to ensure your shipment arrives to you correctly.
- Lift Gate Delivery | This guarantees that the delivery vehicle is equipped with a lift gate. This pneumatic system attached to the back of a freight truck allows the driver to lower large equipment to the ground without additional assistance. This charge alone is for curbside delivery, and does not mean that the driver will bring the equipment inside.
- Residential Delivery | This charge must be included when a freight shipment is being delivered into a residential neighborhood. If your place of business is in a residential neighborhood, you must still include this fee. Normal 18 wheelers cannot navigate in these suburban areas, and therefore the freight carrier much make sure the shipment is delivered on a smaller vehicle.
- Notify Before Delivery | This guarantees that a freight carrier representative will contact you 24 hours prior to delivery to coordinate a delivery window. Please include this if you will need to make sure someone is at the delivery site to receive the shipment. If delivering to a business that is always open during normal business hours with someone on-site, you should not need to include this charge.
- Inside Delivery | This means that the freight carrier will bring the shipment inside the delivery location. You would still be responsible for uncrating, setting in place, and making final connections to any delivered equipment.
Free Shipping: Some items will have free shipping. This will apply to regular ground shipping and economy freight to a commercial address within the 48 contiguous United States only. Other freight charges, and expedited parcel services, such as second day air and overnight will come at an additional cost.
Orders placed by 12 noon central time for products in stock will typically ship out within 1 business day. We will not ship on major holidays, Saturdays or Sundays. Orders placed at any of these times will process the next business day. If you require expedited services, please contact us and speak with a representative to allow us to better assist you.
While the majority of the products and equipment listed on the site are stocked at our facility in Birmingham, AL, some of the products listed on the website are shipped directly from manufacturers. In these cases we are limited by what the manufacturer may have available at the time the order is placed and the demand for that specific item. In these cases we will coordinate directly with you to ensure you have a clear understanding of the lead time associated with your order.
Refused/Cancelled Orders & Re-Deliveries
In the event of a delivery being attempted by the freight carrier and a redelivery becomes necessary, for whatever reason, you will be responsible for any and all additional fees. Should a portion and/or the entire order be canceled or refused after delivery has occurred, additional restocking fees and shipping & handling fees for the initial delivery and its return may be applied. If any changes occur after the order has been placed additional fees may apply. Please note that we are not always able to cancel special order items once the order has been placed with the factory. Damaged equipment does not apply to the above terms. Please refer to the below damage policy.
Damaged Goods Policy
Birmingham Restaurant Supply, Inc. inspects all items thoroughly prior to shipment. You must also inspect your shipment prior to accepting delivery. You must note freight damage on the freight bill and file a freight claim immediately. Bresco's responsibility for damages ceases as soon as the shipment is accepted by the carrier. The carrier is responsible for safe arrival to the destination. DO NOT REFUSE DAMAGED MERCHANDISE. If your shipment arrives damaged, or items are missing, follow these steps:
Concealed Damage Shipments
- Advise the trucking company to provide an inspection report.
- Note damages or shortages on the freight bill before signing for the shipment.
- Contact our customer service department at 1-800-344-2455
If the shipment is delivered and signed for free of damage and damage has been discovered after fully unpacking the shipment, CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY (the same business day if possible) AND PERFORM THE FOLLOWING. Time is of the essence.
- Keep the damaged packaging materials for inspection
- Take pictures of the damaged items and packaging
- DO NOT move the damaged shipment to another location (another warehouse, end user, etc...)
Once Birmingham Restaurant Supply, Inc. is notified we will contact the carrier and they will typically schedule an inspection, depending on the extent of damage. They may also require a service agency to look at the equipment to estimate a value of damage. After the inspection is complete it will be determined by Birmingham Restaurant Supply, Inc. and the factory if the unit should be returned and replacement sent out or if the unit can be repaired in the field.
Understand that if a freight claim is not filed with the carrier within 1 business day the claim will mostly likely be denied. Because of this, it is always the end users responsibility to ensure no damage is present at the time of receipt of goods. If you are purchasing equipment with the intention of storing it for a later date, you must still follow the above procedures to avoid possible monetary loss.
Lost or Damaged Parcel Shipments
For the rare occasions where ground/parcel shipments are damaged, lost or missing items, keep the items and packaging, and contact us within 5 business day of receiving your order. We may ask for pictures to help us better find a solution for you.
Return requests made 30 days or more after receipt of goods will not be accepted. Prior to shipping, contact our customer service department at 1-800-344-2455 to obtain a return authorization. You are responsible for all shipping charges on returned merchandise. All items will be inspected for damage or misuse prior to any credit refund. A 30% restocking charge will be applied unless stated otherwise. Merchandise will be picked up at our expense if it is the fault of Birmingham Restaurant Supply, Inc. or the manufacturer. Custom made, used items, or special orders are not returnable. Unauthorized returns will be refused and no credit issued.